DISCLAIMER: The present translation of the document on the processing of personal data is offered simply as a help to users unfamiliar with the Italian language. For all legal purposes, users must refer to the Italian version, which is the only legally valid version.
INFORMATION for users of the digilibLT website on the processing of personal data, according to the Legislative Decree no. 196 dated 30 June 2003 (see http://www.garanteprivacy.it/garante/document?ID=1219452).
1. Purposes of the processing
Users who register with the website www.digiliblt.unipmn.itprovide their personal date, which are then collected.
The data are collected exclusively in order to offer users the particular services requested by the users themselves (text download from the website; delivery ofaperiodicalnewsletter).
2. Processing arrangements
Care is taken to respect the principle that the data are relevant, complete, not excessive and indispensable with regard to the purposes sought in the processing.
Access to the aforementioned services is not possible if users do not provide the data mentioned in section 1.
The personal data provided by users are treated in compliance with the principles of lawfulness, fairness and transparency stated by the law. The treatment may also take place by computerised means or with the help of IT services; these means or services will be used to store and process the data. In any case, data security and confidentiality are guaranteed to each user.
3. Categories of entities to whom or which the personal data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data in their capacity as designated representatives or person(s) in charge of the processing
As a rule, personal data provided by the users will be managed and processed in automatic form only by the website itself. Under exceptional circumstances (such as malfunctioning of services requested by registered users), members of the research group digilibLT or IT/computer technicians designated by said research group may have access to and process personal data provided by registered users; such access and processing will take place pursuant to the legislation in force.
Detailed data will not be passed on to public or private bodies of any kind.
It is possible that aggregated data will be made public in order to document the activity and effectiveness of the website. Aggregated data may broken down by e.g. institution or country.
4. Data subject’s rights
We remind users that according to section 7 of the Legislative Decree no. 196 dated 30 June 2003 each subject may exercise:
· the right to know: (a) the origin of personal data; (b) the purposes and the arrangements of the data processing; (c) the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means; (d) the identification data concerning data controller, data processors and the designated representative (e) entities to whom or which the personal data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data
· the right to obtain (a) updating, rectification, or, where interested therein, integration of the data; (b) erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed; (c) certification to the effect that the operations as per letters (a) and (b) have been notified, as also related to their content, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected. The operations as per letters (a), (b) and (c) shall take place without delay, and will be taken care of by the data controller.
· the right to object, in whole or in part: (a) on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even thought they are relevant to the purpose of the collection; (b) to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market or commercial communication surveys.
5. Data controller
The rights may be exercised by means of a request addressed to the data controller, Rettore Paolo Garbarino, as legal representative of the University (Università degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale, Via Duomo 6, 13100, Vercelli).